One of my favorite things about being a parent is listening to my kid’s dreams about what they want to become or do, nothing seems impossible to them. It often makes me wonder, how come most people lose that inner child? Is it we start to put self-imposed limitations on ourselves based on our condition we learned from our parents, peers, and society? Or is just simply we lose sight of our dreams as the busyness of life starts to take over? I tend to think its a combination of both. But let me challenge you for a moment and give you several reasons why you should revisit those dreams, and chase after them once again, no matter how ridiculous they seem.
“If you dreams dont scare you, they arent big enough.” – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
- You become what you think – now many of you might think this is woo woo, but I am a firm believer that I am always manifesting my own reality for the better or the worse. Every thought creates form on some level. If you are constantly assured that you are going to achieve your dreams, and you have set up your goals, your action plan on how to get there, you will achieve more than you could have ever imagined.
- You Realize Self-Improvement is a Must – I have talked about this a lot on my podcast and youtube channel. For whatever reason when most people graduate High School or College, learning stops for them. When you stop learning, you stop your development, if you stop your development, you won’t have the skills or knowledge necessary to accomplish your dreams. Pick up a book.
- You Start to Find Mentors – What is the saying “you become like the 5 people you surround yourself with the most.” If you have big dreams, then find people that are living their dream! Spend time with these people, learn from them, model their habits and routines, implement their advice and expertise into your life. No, need to reinvent the wheel of success.
- Get Rid of Your Bad Habits – We all have them, nothing to be ashamed of. But spending some time in reflection can go a long way. Do you get distracted easily? Spend too much time watching TV? Are you not feeding yourself the right foods? Are you negative? Do you hang out with people who are not supportive of your vision? It is extremely important you pinpoint those areas in your life that might hold you back from getting to the next level, and then detox them.
- You Shed Your Limited Belief System – The reality of why you are not currently chasing or living the dream life you want is because either consciously or unconsciously you don’t think you deserve it. You have a belief system that is imposing self-limitations. As you start to achieve those daily goals, they start to stack up to bigger and bigger goals, and you start to break down this limited belief system while gaining confidence. This is the essence of what it means to be free.