Weird title right?
Let me explain.
Here is what a lot of people do.
“I want to start a business… but before I do, I must”:
- read all the business books I can find
- listen to every business podcast possible
- talk to 35 different people to have them confirm my idea is good
- make a super detail, bulletproof business plan
- take courses, seminars, and webinars to learn more
- maybe go work for a company like the one I want to start to make sure I am really ready
- find the perfect local
- find the perfect name
- create the perfect logo
and the list goes on and on…
Meanwhile so does time. There is never going to be the right time to start a business, a podcast, a new career, go back to school, a youtube channel, an extra hobby, or whatever else it is that you want to do! By delaying until you feel like everything is just perfect you are ultimately delaying yourself the ability to make money and learn from your mistakes and failures. Now, I am not advocating that you shouldn’t do some due diligence when jumping into a new venture, but what I am saying is that perfection doesn’t exist and nothing and I mean nothing ever goes according to plan. So start today.
One of the best resources and motivational books I’ve read is below: